(Image thanks to: photostock/FreeDigitalPhotos.net)
Welcome to the first Monthly Family Challenge! A new Challenge will be announced the first Monday of every month via Fun On a Dime and Play With Your Family. To find out more details about the family challenges and to receive monthly email reminders for the challenges, click here.
The Challenge: Share your favorite Family Thanksgiving Tradition!
Whether it’s a food you always have, a game you always play, people you share the day with, day after traditions, I mean maybe even the way you set the table. We want hear about it and if you think you don’t have any traditions, believe me, YOU DO!
According to dictionary.com, A tradition is…
- The handing down of statements, beliefs, legends, customs, information, etc., from generation to generation, especially by word of mouth or by practice: a story that has come down to us by popular tradition.
- Something that is handed down: the traditions of the Eskimos.
- A long-established or inherited way of thinking or acting: The rebellious students wanted to break with tradition.
- A continuing pattern of cultural beliefs or practices.
- Acustomary or characteristic method or manner: The winner took a victory lap in the usual track tradition.
Three ways to share: You pick the best one for you…
1. Share via Facebook and link to us in the caption of your photo or in your status update (i.e. add to your facebook share, “I did the Family Challenge @fun on a dime and @play with your family Our favorite Thanksgiving tradition is…(and insert a description of what you did or what you like to do here).”)
2. Share your tradition on your blog and link up your post below
3. Email us with a picture, if possible, and a description and we will share it on facebook/link it up for you (i.e. Cheryl from California likes to….)
Bonus Challenge: Check out all the fun ideas, then steal someone else’s to try on Thanksgiving and let us know how it goes!
**By linking up you give us permission to use pictures from your post (giving you credit, of course) to highlight ideas via facebook and/or on our sites periodically throughout the challenge.**
Brought to you by The Family Network: