I found this little list when I was going through a stack of papers. I really liked the “positive angle” and thought I would share it. Make sure you participate in the Fun Challenge below!
There have been various breakdowns offered about the huge expense parents experience to raise a child–The cost range anywhere from $149,610 to $246,320 depending on family income. This is good information but one must also consider the huge benefits as well:
What do you get for you money?
- Naming rights, First, middle, and last
- Glimpses of God every day.
- More love than your heart can hold
- Butterfly kisses and Bear hugs.
- Endless wonder over rocks, ants, clouds, and warm cookies.
- A partner for blowing bubbles, flying kites building sand castles, and skipping down the sidewalk in the pouring rain.
- Someone to laugh yourself silly with
- You get to frame rainbows, hearts, and flowers under refrigerator magnets, hand prints set in plaster for Mother’s Day, and cards with backward letters for Father’s Day.
- You get to be a hero just for retrieving a Frisbee off the garage roof, removing a splinter, getting a wad of gum out of hair, and coaching a baseball team that never wins but gets treated to ice cream regardless.
- You get an education in psychology, nursing, criminal justice, communications, and mortality that no college can match.
Do you have anything you would like to add? =)
Here are mine: