There is a Reviewer’s Retreat in June that I would love to attend. I have been blogging for over 2 years here on Fun On a Dime. So far, much of what I have been able to accomplish was through a lot of research and trial and error on my part. It was not until last year when I had the opportunity to attend a conference that I learned there was so much that I was missing and these Conferences could give me a fast pass through the learning curve. One thing my blog does among the fun is reviews and giveaways. It’s fun and benefits my readers as well as helps us all get a better idea about whether or not particular products are right for us. At this last conference I attended, they had pitch classes and talked about brand relation in other classes, but they were all beginners courses on how to get started or hearing about other bloggers experiences. I really wanted to dive in to these topics, but they were just brushing the surface. In the conference’s defense, it was more of a general blog conference instead of a specific niche. I have realized that I would love to learn more about how to dive into the secret world of reviewing, perfect my skills I have already been trying to develop and build some relationships with other brands and bloggers.
Attending the Reviewer’s Retreat is going to help my blog by teaching me how to be a better reviewer. It will also give me more confidence in knowing what I am doing. Confidence will help with my pitches and how I interact with other brands, as well as my reader interaction with my product reviews. I know I have a lot to learn and I know my site can benefit from all aspects offered my the Reviewer’s Retreat.
I will admit that an added perk to this Retreat is the location. My husband just graduated last May with his BA Degree and so we have been a bit tied down on vacations. Most of our vacation time was spent traveling to visit Grandparents and cousins. I am, after all, a family site and would love to take my family to the Great Wolf Lodge, if possible. It would be our first family trip that was not for the purpose of visiting family!!!
To sum it up…
What I would like to gain from my 2012 Reviewer’s Retreat Experience?
- Learn how to really pitch to Brands
- Learn from and connect with other Reviewers
- Build a strong relationship with some Brands
- Discover new design tricks
- Learn from the best
- Find my weaknesses and learn how to fix them
- Visit NC for the first time EVER
- Learn how to be the best Reviewer I can be!
How will attending Review’s Retreat benefit your blog?
- Help improve my connection with brands and products
- Help me find my strong reviewer’s voice
- Help my blog reach the next step or 2 and see where my future is in the blogging world
- Attending will help increase my overall appeal and confidence level of my blog
* All opinions are 100% my own. 😉