I need a little motivation to finish getting in shape before summer comes and so I am challenging you!
Come join me in the
SLIM DOWN FOR SUMMER FITNESS CHALLENGE
Who:Everyone! Anyone who needs a little motivation to get a bit healthier or simply likes competition! It is not about lbs or inches. It is about a healthier you!
When: 8 Weeks, April 4 – May 29, 2011 – If you do not start at the beginning, you can join in at anytime.
How: There will be weekly check-ins to keep up accountability (and daily, via facebook if that is better motivation). Each day an individual can earn 7 points and is in charge of keeping track of their own daily points to report on Monday for the previous week. At the end of the 8 weeks the person with the highest points wins. If there is more than one person with the highest amount of points, random.org will be used to select the winner from those individuals. There will be prizes….I am working on the details of the prizes*. There will be one prize for the winner and one prize given via random.org based on each weekly entry filled out per individual (for example: if you only participated 6 weeks, you will have 6 entries at the end for the random draw prize). Check out Beginning the Slim Down For Summer Fitness Challenge for additional information.
Points To Earn Each Day:
- 1 point = Drinking 64+ oz.
- 2 points = Exercise 30+ Minutes
- 2 points = No Sugar (**see below)
- 1 point = 6+ Hours Sleep Every Night Day (Yes, naps do count!)
- 1 point = No Eating After 8 p.m. (nothing good ever happens with late night eating! If you have a funky work schedule, set your own food curfew and stick to it!)
- Bonus Challenges = Given throughout the 8 weeks as an opportunity to earn extra points.
* If you are interested in sponsoring or donating a prize or giveaway to be given away during the competition, email me at michelle (at) funonadime (dot) net. You know, if you need a little extra motivation because you are invested! 😉
** A note about No Sugar: I am learning that everyone has their own individual idea of this, so for ease of explanation we will use the top 8 bullet points on the USDA’s Food Pyramid’s description under “Foods that contain most of the added sugars in American diets are:” found here…these are “regular soft drinks, candy, cakes, cookies, pies, fruit drinks, such as fruitades and fruit punch, milk-based desserts and products, such as ice cream, sweetened yogurt and sweetened milk, grain products such as sweet rolls and cinnamon toast” Most processed foods have some form of sugar in them. Substitute sweeteners are okay. I use Stevia for a lot of the things I used to sweeten with regular sugar. Plain yogurt is great with fruit or even Greek yogurt, but if you cannot find it or stomache it try to use a low sugar brand…improve upon what you are doing now. Use your own discretion. You are accountable for you! The main point is to avoid the REAL junk – captain cavity cereals, desserts, etc. That should be doable, right?
Also, if you are a caffeine drinker and wanting to cut it out of your diet, do not do it at the same time as cutting sugar. Wait a couple of weeks so you do not have to fight two cravings at once.
Are you in?
If so, leave a comment!