This shop has been compensated by #CollectiveBias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone.
Halloween is a fun time of year and why should the pets miss out on all the fun and treats?!?! Nothing is cuter than a dog (or puppy) in a cute dog costume all ready for the fun. My kiddos celebrate our puppy’s birthday in October and so we thought it would be fun to get our dog together with Shannon’s new little puppy for a little doggy photo shoot! Boy, oh boy did we learn a lot about our pups that day and as we talked, we discussed pet safety for Halloween, learned pet photography tricks and the importance of having a pet treat the pups love on hand! Here is a little of what we discovered and chatted about:
Tips for Dogs Safety on Halloween
- Keep the Chocolate your kiddos bring home away from all dogs! It can be dangerous for your pups!
- Keep candy wrappers, tin foil and cellophane away from them too.
- Only dress them up if they like it, it can stress a dog out if he/she doesn’t like wearing a costume.
- Keep them away from lighted decorations. They may like to play with the cords of decorations, but just like children, they can get easily wrapped up in them.
- If your dog gets scared of loud noises on Halloween, make sure to lock them up in an area that they feel is safe. It’s not torture. Dogs, especially large dogs prefer a cave-like space when they are distressed.
Tricks for Pet Photo Shoots
- Make sure to give your dogs a good run and/or play date before doing the photo shoot to tire them out.
- Have pet treats on hand to bribe the pups to stay still. We purchased some treats from the Big Heart Pet Treats line at Fry’s, which includes Milkbone, Pup-peroni, Milo’s Kitchen and CanineCarry-outs
- More than one person to take and assist the shoot is very helpful. We had 2 people and could have used 1 more for our two pups.
- If an older child is available to dress up and be in the picture’s, we highly recommend it! Especially, with the very little trained and the very excited pups. Plus, you will have an easier time getting a fantastic photo with your dog!
Treat Yourself to Savings and Coupons
Once you have a few photos of your favorite puppy friend, head on over to #TrickOrTreatEm to take your puppies personality quick, upload your favorite puppy costume photo to get a cute frame and then snag a coupon or two for your favorite Big Hearts Pet Treats.
Nothing is better than getting a treat for your puppy that they will love, print a cute pic of your puppy from the “Trick or Treat ‘Em” site and getting a great deal all at the same time!
This is our best photo we could get with both dogs. I cannot tell you how hard this was! lol One pup was always on the go while the other would get run away from us or knock the backdrop down. It was a good laugh for Shannon and I!
Do your pets dress up? If so, what will the be?
Tell us in the comments below.