Taste of Italy
Bring a little taste of Italy to your home this Fall!
Fall recipes are a big hit right now in our home and I am excited to start cooking them.
The littles enjoyed spending time in the kitchen snacking while I chopped.
- 1 pound Italian Mild sausage or Hillshire Smoked Saugage Link shopped
- 1 large diced yellow onion
- 1/3 lb. pancetta or bacon, chopped (optional)
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 14.5 ounce cans chicken broth
- 1 quart water
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream (optional)
- 3 medium russet potatoes sliced in half, and then in 1/4 inch slices
- 2 cups kale, chopped or spinache
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1Tbsp. Olive oil
- Parmesan cheese
- Heat oil in skillet over medium heat; remove sausage from casings and sauté until it’s nice and brown; use wooden spoon to break up into small chunks. Drain (excess fat) and set aside. In the same skillet, sauté pancetta, onions and garlic over medium high heat for approximately 8-9 minutes, or until the onions are soft; drain and set aside.
- Place water and chicken broth in a large pot; bring it to a boil. Add potatoes, sausage and bacon pancetta to pot; simmer for 25-30 minutes. (you can cook less, I like my potatoes slightly overcooked, kind of creamy). Add cream into a pot and bring it a boil; season with salt and pepper; add kale and turn off the heat.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
Happy Fall Y’all