“I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting (#MC) for Urbini. I received a product sample to facilitate my review and as a thank you for participating.”
We have been having some great spring weather and in Arizona it doesn’t last long so we need to enjoy it as much as we can! My kids love taking walks and I have put together a list of 5 fun ways to take a walk with a twist!
5 Fun Ways to Take a Walk
1. Go on a dessert walk. After dinner grab your favorite cold treat (popsicle, ice cream cone etc.) and go for a nice walk around the neighborhood. It is a great way to enjoy a walk when the weather starts to get a little warm.
2. Go on a walk in the rain. This is one of my kids favorite walks. Now I’m not suggesting you go out in a torrential storm but a nice sprinkle is lots of fun to go walking in.
3. Grab your flashlights and head outside for a an after dark walk. This is oodles of fun and you see a whole other side of life outside after dark. We live rural so we can see lots of neat things like owls and bats outside after dark. Personally I’m not all that excited about the bats but the kids love them!
4. Alphabet sounds walk. Who says exercise and fun cant be a little educational too. Before you head out write all the letters of the alphabet down on a piece of paper, grab a clip board and a pencil and you are ready to go. This works great if you have lots of ages because the older kids can write. As you are walking around look for things that start with each letter of the alphabet. (ie: A for airplane, B for boat, C for cactus, D for dandelion etc.) By having all the letters written down before you start you don’t have to find the letters in order.
5. Find the alphabet walk. Check out my post on Rusty and Rosy for a fun twist on finding the alphabet in nature. The kids love this one because they get to use the camera!
Everyone knows that in order to take a walk with little kids a good baby stroller is a must!! I recently received an Urbini Touri Travel System and love using it for walks, running errands, and it would be great for traveling. I ordered the bright red color and love it.
I am expecting my 7th child and I have used a lot of strollers and infant seats over the years and I love the bright bold colors. I am currently using the Urbini stroller with my one and a half year old son and it is fabulous. It is super easy to push and super easy to open and close. It folds up nice and compact and is perfect for summer travels.
It has a great shade covering that is great in the hot summer weather. Can you tell I love the stroller!! My only con is the cup holder doesn’t work because it swivels and the cup just spills.
The car seat is very light and compact. It is nice and narrow which is great if you have other car seats and boosters in the same row. I wish I had had it years ago when I had smaller cars!! It snaps in and out easily and sits in the stroller nicely. I have been recommending it to everyone and people are always asking me where I got it because the color stands out so much! It is one of the best travel systems I have ever had! You definitely can’t beat the price!!
Here are the specs from the company about the Urbini Touri Travel System:
- Includes Petal Infant Car Seat that holds children up to 35 lbs
- Lightweight frame
- Multi-position reclining seat
- Removable child’s arm bar
- Tuck away sun visor
- Roomy storage basket
- Front suspension wheels
What are your favorite things to do on a walk?
Leave a Reply