My name is Radhika and I am so happy to be blogging at FunonaDime! I am a stay at home mom to a darling 4 year old girl. We just bought a new house last October and I have been busy decorating it on a tight budget. My blog is a place for me to share my inspirations and to pen down the journey to making the house a home. I love getting the designer look without having to spend the moolah.
If I can replicate a trend on a dime, why not! Come visit me at House On Ashwell Lane and follow my journey to making a home.
Today I am sharing with you, a tutorial to make a paper flower that can embellish any gift and make it special!
You will need scrapbook paper and a button or a gem sticker to embellish the middle of the flower.
Just follow six simple steps to make this cute flower.
- Cut two 2″ strips of the scrap paper and one strip of width 1.5″ . You will also need 3 card stock circles. The size of the circles will depend on how large you want your flower to be. The circles have to be of 3 different sizes, each one a little smaller than the one earlier.
- Fold the paper strip four times and make cuts along the edge of the strip. Open the cut strip.
- Now use a pencil to curl the cut edges.
- Glue the paper strip to the biggest circle. You have to create a pleat after every 3 to 4 cuts. This gives the flower some dimension. Repeat the same process for the 2 smaller circles. I used a hot glue gun for this process.
- Now stick all the 3 circles one above the other.
- I embellished the flower using a button I bought at Jo-Ann’s.Add some leaves and you are done!
Here are some picture I took along the way.