I participated in a Blog Blast program on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Kidoodle.TV. I received a promotional item as a thank you for participating.
I have never loaded any apps on my phone that allow my children to watch shows on it…that is until this past weekend. I just loaded Kidoodle.TV. With a sick kiddo in the house who needs to stay down, it has been a life saver! He can cuddle down with my phone and when his time is up, it turns off and I am saved from the “mom fail” of discovering I was not paying enough attention to the clock and he has watched 1 or 2 more shows than he should have. I only wish it was available for Roku, but I am totally good with my computer and phone for now! You can Kidoodle.TV for free for the month of December and check out the details for the giveaway below.
What is Kidoodle.TV?
- Built for kids, not just aimed at them, Kidoodle.TV is designed specifically for the use and navigation by kids (ages 12 and under), ensuring an age-appropriate viewing experience.
- Featuring a brightly colored, easy-to-use user interface, customizable Kid Profiles for up to 5 kids, and great entertainment and educational content from a variety of sources, Kidoodle.TVis child oriented and convenient, with no adult content and with robust controls for parents.
- Parental controls include age category filtering and title selection and de-selection, which allows parents to tailor available content to each child’s needs.
- Once logged into Kidoodle.TV, parents simply select a Kid Profile and hand off the navigation to the child.
- Kidoodle.TV features content appropriate for its audience and is free of advertising within the service.
- Kidoodle.TV offers the freedom and diversity of Internet access but with parameters built in to assist with child safety.
My children are rarely allowed to watch shows on the computer or TV anymore because they are simply too smart for their own britches and have figured out how to change shows or click on to the next show (sometimes it is not a “this mom approved” type show) without telling me. I do not have time to always sit with them to watch a show and I hate having to be a helicopter parent to make sure they are making the best decisions. Problem solved with the “Parent’s Room” on Kidoodle. TV. I can pick the amount of time they are allowed to watch (15 min, 30 min or more). I can also decide which age appropriate shows each individual kiddo can watch. So for my son, I have removed all fighting type shows from his list of approved shows, but he still has the freedom to pick from a large assortment of shows. It’s a win for both of us because he has the opportunity to feel independent while making good TV viewing choices and I do not have to worry about him sneaking in hours of TV time or watching inappropriate commercials and/or show content.
Join The Kidoodle.TV Holiday Giveaway
Try Kidoodle.TV for FREE and enter by December 31, 2013 to WIN 1 of 10 tablets or 1 of 10 Kidoodle.TV year-long subscriptions!
TO ENTER the giveaway, go to Kidoodle.TV to sign up for a free trial. Follow the on-screen directions and submit!
For more information make sure to follow Kidoodle.TV on Twitter and Kidoodle. TV on Facebook
Leave a Reply